Dimensional Chess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Slight Chance

Go down 
+2
Eris-Tam
Verax
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

Female Posts : 574

A Slight Chance - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 3:54 pm

Tam shook her head sadly. "No... she'll be fine, but there's really nothing we can do right now. There isn't any physical injury from this kind of thing, so the pain won't last, but that also means there's no way to make it better." Tam kissed her daughter's forehead again lightly, and as Aya started to pull herself together she looked up, eyes scanning the room for Verax. Panic flooded her mind as fear of what might have happened washed against her, but the waves receded when she noticed that everyone was still alive, save for a couple of Verax's men. Her eyes found him hunched over at his seat, head clutched between his hands, strained and trying to concentrate. He... almost looked in pain, and definitely looked exhausted.

Aya struggled a little bit, trying to wriggle from her mother's arms, but the pain stopped her and she clenched her jaw to prevent crying out. Instead she slowly extended her arm towards the meeting table and called quietly, hoarsely, "V-Verax... I... I didn't mean to... I'm sorry... it... it's trying to take over... I'm sorry..." She hardly noticed her father, standing there over her, and... decided that it didn't matter what he thought about the way she was helping Verax. She decided she'd do it anyways, and his disapproval would weigh her down with sadness but not halt her in her tracks. Her mind extended along with her arm and wrapped around Verax's, less afraid now of what would happen when her consciousness touched his thoughts. She tried to be, in combination, both soothing towards Verax and crushing towards Shade, tried to drive It back through each and every crevice of Verax's mind with her own. Her presence was all it took to force it back into the corner where Verax was still capable of controlling it. She did her best to make sure that its tendrils did not still extend too far into his mind, and there were only a few that she missed.

As she pulled away from Verax's mind once again, she found herself exhausted, both from dealing with the pain and from helping Verax. She let her body relax completely now that the situation was less urgent, and found her father kneeling by her side. She looked at him... with sorrow in her eyes. With apology, but with the determination to continue doing what she felt to be her duty. As she closed her eyes again, she watched those memories which she had chased It through flicker behind her eyelids. Strange, horrible, sickening, painful memories, they were. Aya could only imagine how he managed to live with those things haunting him. But then again, it wasn't her job to wonder, or to imagine. She'd seen him do some horrible things in those memories, but she remembered what the Alteriian and kazesqui principles had taught her: judge not on deeds of the past, but on actions of the present; believe that all can be redeemed, all can be forgiven. It was clear to Aya that Verax was doing right by his actions now, in the present. In her mind, there was nothing to forgive him for. He had never wronged her.

If only her father could see that he was not the monster which Archelaus believed...
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

Male Posts : 278

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

YOUR TIME IS RUNNING SHORT, DREADLORD! I.... WILL BE FREE! The intent of Shade manifested itself in the form of thought. The pain, the burning, crushing, consuming pain was immense. It pressed inwards, until, a small hole was punctured in the blanket of fire, a small, little hole, just, poked open. And relief gushed from it, driving the fire back to the edges of the void where it was kept in check.

"Archelaus, if you are claiming we are not men simply because we follow someone whose views differ from your own, your ignorance is truly as magnificent as-" Zevon had gone from his boyish giddiness, and instead presented a much more intimidating, merciless personage. But he was interrupted by a voice, a very particular voice.

"Enough, Zevon." Verax slowly rose his head from his hands. In his eyes, there was an unworldly gleam, for just a split second, everyone could see the retreating Shade's entire form, gliding away to the back of Verax's mind. Zevon was speechless for a moment, before regaining his composure.

"M-my Dreadlord, you're not honestly going to allow these insults-"

"ENOUGH! I am the master of this Empire, this family, this ship. You will take my orders without question, or you will take my bullets, without, question." Sullenly, Zevon returned to his seat. Archelaus...... why.... why is it always you......? Why are you always the one getting in my way, always the one complicating my plans? DAMN YOU.... ARCHELAUS! YOU WILL KNOW SUFFERING BEYOND THE LIKES OF WHICH EVEN YOUR NEIEDE CAN HELP ALLEVIATE! His thoughts burned with an intense flame, but his face remained an ice-cool mask.

"I tire of this game, Archelaus. I assure you, one of two things will happen, if I decide I require the universe. One, the Alteriians will be wiped out by your own stubbornness, or two, you'll be kept out of my way through force. Face it. I have two Voyager class-Dreadnoughts now, one alone was more than enough to take the universe with the proper strategies, but with two, you're merely playing to delay me." He shook his head, his eyes closed and a mocking smile on his face.

"I'm sorry, but I'm trying to make it easier for you all. Shall I explain? Why you think your precious Aurora favors me so? It is because she understands the pain I'm in. She understands my situation, which I shall now explain to all of you." He sat down and pressed a few buttons on the holo-panel next to him, and the projector in the middle of the room lit up, and depicted a grotesque monstrous form.

A beast with almost entirely muscular limbs, taloned fingers and toes, and massive demonic horns, the one on the right about 2 yards in length, the one on the left looked like it would have been the same if it wasn't snapped off at about a foot. Shreded wings and sharpened teeth, eyes devoid of all light of life, but filled with the radiance of raw, pure, hyper-concentrated evil, and a depicted a level of intelligence and life far beyond that of mortal life. Eris-Tam, Aya, Ell, all instantly recognized it.

"Allow me to introduce to you, Shade. The source of all our problems." At the name, 'Shade', Zevon made a sound like a squeak. Paying him no heed, Verax continued. "Allow me to portray for you the two likely ends you are going to meet, whether you want to or not. Choice number one, you have me as the ruler of the universe. Choice number two, you witness this thing destroy everything you care about, rend society, culture, intelligence, light, order.... life, down to nothingness. I find the first option much more favorable, no?"

He realized within a moment the looks he was being given, save for the three Kazesqui, and possibly Robless, none of the people here knew what Shade was. Archelaus had no knowledge of Myrionith beliefs, and the rest of these people, they shouldn't have even known the Myrioniths existed. Save for Robless, who may know, if he was in the Stalkers when, or the part of the Stalkers that dealt with, Sunburst when it occurred, he might know of Shade. To Zyria, Archelaus, Cassus, that Plutonian pilot, they could all just assume Shade was some monster Verax had locked up, ready to unleash if his demands were not met, and perhaps they did not believe in It's power.

So he waited, waited to see how they would respond to this. And he would answer the questions and snarky rebuttals when they came.

Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Aya's eyes fluttered shut once again as she gave in to her exhaustion, slipping into uneasy half-consciousness. She made sure to stay at least partially awake in case she was needed again, but for now she just needed to recover.

---

Kenzeron was dragged forcibly from his thoughts, finally. He hadn't been concerned with the previous violence, as he would only respond to it if he were directly attacked or threatened. But now he was pulled forth because of the strangeness of it all. Verax meant to say that he was possessed by a god of death and destruction, and that if he didn't conquer the universe then this demon would take over and kill everyone anyways. This gave Kenzeron an extra factor to consider in the plans for the Pentad. Should he die trying to keep their secret until the right moment, which Kenzeron fully expected would happen, he would need to be completely sure that his people and the five ships would still be intact and safe. Another factor. Another thing to do before he dies. He'd have to talk to his scientists about it.

But for now, he decided to respond in the most rational way possible.

"How are we to know that this is true? How are we to know that you don't control Shade, and that you can just let it out at will? How are we to know it really exists? We already know you're a good actor," he turned towards Eris-Tam. "Empress, do you know this to be true?"

Tam nodded gravely, formalizing her tone and words. "Yes, General. What he speaks is truth. I have seen it. I vouch for him in the question of honesty."

Kenzeron nodded darkly. "Thank you, Empress." He turned back to Verax, "Now, are you requesting that we hand over our people and lands so that this Shade does not break free? If you wish to control my people then I must unfortunately disappoint you. Please understand. My people have lost their homes, their families, and their lives already. Don't force them to lose their freedom as well."
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 12:45 am

Zyria nodded once in reply to Tam, but stayed put. No point in getting up now, the meeting has turned to verbal battle, I'll have to stay focused on that.

The conversations continued, some angry, some deathly calm. As the image of Shade appeared, Zyria's mind worked furiously as her eyes scanned the picture. This creature...there is more to it than it's physical form. Everything about it screams destruction. Not the mere chaotic kind like Verax, just....destruction. Destruction beyond repair. Everything about it says /predator/. Verax described the monster, and what events could happen.

Then this is it. The choice must be made.

Zyria looked to Tam as the Kazesqui espressed her trust in Verax. Zyria stared long and hard at her friend. When she had been taken by the parasite, Tam had seen Verax in a way none of them could ever comprehend. Zyria didn't really /trust/ Verax. His actions were sporadic--maybe not to Verax, or those that weren't in the darkness when it came to understanding him, but to Zyria, the decisions were random. Sure, he was one to be watched, but also tolerated, but 'trust' wasn't exactly the word to be used.

Tam, though, Zyria trusted. Of course, she wouldn't decide based on the gut feeling of her friend, but if she were to choose from the group of people that knew what was happening who to look to for advice, it would be Tam. She was the level-headed one at the moment. So, Zyria looked to Verax, determined.

"I only care about keeping my people safe. Life is my priority, not who is in charge. There is little to be known on my part about this 'Shade,' but I trust Tam. If he is to cause the destruction of life, then I must do what I can to avoid that outcome.

"You must understand, though, that my people have always looked to my family for guidance and leadership. They have accepted Zeif as heir, merely because they trust me, and he proved himself when he became the next in command. If they are to be told that they must turn to another as ruler, they will /not/ take it well.

"To my understanding, rulers remain leaders of their territory after being 'conquered,' correct? I was able to brush up on my foreign policies--and many other topics--while I was at Caz's bedside, but I was unable to research thoroughly. The main difference is that the conquered must comply when the Empire ruler decides to assume power, is it not? Now, my people may or may not like this, but I can try to...word the announcement in a way that will allow them to understand without rioting. I merely ask one thing before officially deciding: Can it be assured that this course of action is the.../most appealing/ to preserve my people's lives?" She looked at both Verax and Tam for confirmation.

Honestly, Zyria did not care about being in charge. Her people would always look to her, whether she was the ruler or not. Besides, if she were to comply with this, what chance would there be that Plutonians would need to be controlled? They traded everything that they had, so power over them would not give a ruler more resources; their military had been small /before/ the massacre, so having control over them would not give much power; and whatever research they did currently affected no one, it only interested the Plutonians, it only gave them something to do. Taking complete power over them would help in gaining nothing, it would be the same it would be if they were separate territories. The only effect it'd have would be in upsetting Plutonians.

And judging by the monsters Verax was dealing with currently, it didn't look like he'd be wanting another annoyance during his 'takeover.'
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

((GRAHHDSKFNBLARMEHJSDFJS. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE CUSTODIAN'S TRYING TO SMUGGLE THEM AWAY AT THE MOMENT. BLEHH.))
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

Male Posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

Robless calmed quickly and returned to reason at Zevon's proposal. He pondered the situation quietly at the table, following the conversation back and forth about the room. Once it seemed like almost everyone had answered, he was finally ready.

"Given the current situation," the commander said, obviously having thought this out strategically, "I reject your offer."

"But sir, there's--" Cassus was first to interject.

"Yes, I know full well about Shade," Robless continued, "But how much can we really trust the decisions of Verax and the other races? Aurora and Aya's relations with Verax complicate matters, and Lady Zyria is in no position to resist an invasion from the dreadlord."

"Very well, sir. I will relay that order to the Initiative immediately."

"Glad to know we can reach an agreement," Commander Robless turned to the other leaders. "This is it, then. Verax, Tam, Zyria; I am terribly sorry, but I'm afraid we cannot agree to this encroachment on universal peace. As for you, Archelaus, our days are numbered. Anything else, or may we proceed?"
Back to top Go down
https://dimensionalchess.rpg-board.net
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

Zevon glowered angrily, and hate crossed Verax's face, but Archelaus quite frankly was sick of dealing with either of them, despite that but a few words had crossed the stiff air between them. Archelaus had not been fazed by the strange creature in front of him, of which he had little knowledge. The creature could hardly be worse than Verax, his infernal army, or any other aspect of his hated cadre.

Even if this creature was what the ancient stories told, of a people long ago forgotten by the Alteriians, then it could be defeated...

It had happened before.
There was always hope, always a chance, always a light. All it takes is one match to light an entire room, one star to light up the universe, one soul out there in the Great Beyond to hold away the infinite dark. This monster, even if real, did not change a thing.

There was a moment of two of silence, people standing around looking at each other, their decisions already formed or forming.

Archelaus thought he might give it one more try, for the good ole' sake of the universe.

Once more, Archelaus took the role of the public speaker, of the leader, of the father, the lover, the friend, the companion. His great voice trembled with passion and fire, his eyes burned with emotion, his words glowered, shivered, and vibrated with the hum of an epic speech... Now was the chance for Archelaus to declare to this world, to these people, what and who he was.

"Views different than my own, Zevon?"

Archelaus chuckled.

"You could say that."

I believe in liberty, you believe in tyranny.
I believe in freedom, you believe in chains.
I believe in hope, you believe in fear.

I believe that there are truths out there in the world that should not, cannot, will not be tampered with, no matter how large your fleets, or how much you threaten. Men with valiant hearts will array themselves against your evil as they have since the dawn of time, far, far beyond the memory of any race here today, or in the universe today.

I anger you Verax, for I stand in your way, and I always will. Even if you break my body, break my spirit, break my life, others will rise to take my place, for I stand with pride among the defenders of compassion and empathy, those who take action instead of talk, those who believe instead of dream, those who have faith instead of fateless-ness. I fight for the hopes, dreams, and lives of billions around me, any who look to the light when evil threatens, instead of turning to the dark to escape.

I am a part of a great world of love, and I will fight to the end to protect those I love, and to protect love itself. Love may be fragile, but it's impossible to kill.

Who are you? Zevon? Verax?
Puppets of a power you believe you cannot fight, much as you would make a puppet of me. You are strong, but weak, for truly you fight for nothing. That is the true difference, between the Light and the Dark. The Light struggles onward, because to give up would mean giving up everything and everyone you care about. The Dark fights only because it doesn't see an alternative. You think you are saving the universe, when you are only trying to lead it to its doom.

Who are you? Zevon? Verax?
It is you who are the puppets, of a world you have both brought yourselves to believe you cannot escape, or that it is not worth escaping.
Go back to the shadows, villain.

If any of your army were real men, they would turn on you in an instant."

Archelaus' hearts were beating furiously, the Rolxan swirling about him in imposing yet artful patterns, and his breathe was deep and laborious...

The room stood still for another long second.

With an intentional look to Robless, and great whooshing sigh, Archelaus turned back to Verax.

"I will fight you till everything righteous and true in this world has broken your listless body on the rocks of The Un-Ending Dream. It is not everyday that the Great Armadas of the Alteriians go to war. Perhaps you will find more of a battle than you expect."

But I have something more important to do, then exchange words with you."

Archelaus shouldered Verax out of his way, and knelt down next to Aya, his beloved daughter, grasping one of her tiny hands inside of his. He spoke softly, lovingly, hopefully, encouragingly...

"Dear Aya... Aya my sweet... my phoenix. It does not matter what I think of what you do. How many children are misunderstood by their parents? Probably all of them! But that does not matter. Know, Aya, that I love you, and there is nothing you could do in the universe to make me love you any less. I might be disappointed, sad, even angry with you, but love is stronger than all of these.
Do what you must, and know that my arms will always be open to you."

Archelaus gave her a tiny kiss, his heart heaving, his eyes misted.

"There was a time, you know, when you loved me too."
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

A tear fled from Aya's eye as she heard her father's words. Her mind stung with guilt and sadness, even with a touch of anger. Unwilling as she was to bring herself back to total consciousness, she reached out tentatively towards her father's mind with her own. She lingered on the surface, causing little vibrations and ripples across it, and whispered silently to him, I've always loved you... daddy... I... I thought you didn't want me... I wanted you to want me, so badly... I'm... sorry, for leaving... but... I think my place is here, right now... I know... you hate him, but... he needs help... I don't think he can do it alone. Keep Shade in. Haven't you always told me... that where you are able to help someone, you have an obligation by all that is good and light to do so? I'm helping him, daddy... helping everyone... Shade is real, I know It is... what It would do to this universe is so much worse that what Verax could even try to do. He doesn't want to.

He saved mom, remember?

Everyone... makes mistakes... he's trying to deal with his, in the only way he can without letting Shade free... please, dad... do you understand? I... I want to be here, it's right for me to be here. He... it's so much easier for him to control Shade when I'm here. Please don't blame him for this... it's because he saved mom that Shade is inside him at all... He saved her, he didn't have to but he did... I saw it, in his memories... she would have run from all of you if you had reached her first... He knew that saving her would have consequences... and he did it anyways.

Isn't that... even a little bit redeeming?

Please... at least accept that both he and I are doing what we have to. I think I was meant to fight against Shade. Just me being around Verax makes Shade weaker. I'm going to stay, daddy... I'm going to stay.

I love you, dad.
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 7:54 pm

While Zevon was clearly infuriated by Archelaus's speech, Verax simply smiled and shook his head. "Oh Arch.... thank you for understanding my position. However, I must point out two errors of yours. First off, darkness is not evil. True, darkness is an attribute of evil, but evil is not an attribute of darkness. Take Aya for example. A perfect example. A true being of darkness, but I have yet to find a more kind-hearted young woman. Second, I must implore you not to question how true are my men. By your definition, all real men are simply those who blindly follow what they're told to be the right thing, without ever truly questioning themselves." Verax stood at his full height, and though shorter than Archelaus, Verax had an air of power, of determination, a sort of aura that radiated the devotion and honor he had. His presence dragged even the slimmest grudgingly acknowledged feelings of respect for him.

"The Alteriians as a whole are cowards and jokes of real men. Virtue does not make one a man. Righteousness doesn't make one a man. My men have what yours lack; courage. We all stand together, knowing the universe looks down on us, as rebels, as murderers, as fiends. We stand together, as brothers and sisters, knowing that what we fight for is not the easy thing, it is not the good thing, it is not the acceptable thing, but it is the right one."

"However, Valderis, Archelaus, seeing as your position is unchanged, allow me to further explain Shade and my goals, just a little more, though it won't change your mind." Verax pointed at It's face. "See the resemblance to my own? No, it's not coincidence. Shade is not some thing I can release all willy-nilly. Shade is.... a god. A being of discord and destruction far out-classing anything you can deal with. If you deny me, you choose It, and It can rend cities with a swipe, level nations in minutes, as an example of It's power, I present as evidence, how Robless tried to kill me with Meridia, making it go under an artificial super-nova."

He paused for effect. "Shade assumed control of me, and with a fraction of It's being and only a particle of It's power, it turned Meridia into a rotating black hole. It has no mercy, It has no favoritism. If freed, It WILL return the universe to nothing. Conventional war tactic are useless against it. It cannot be killed with weapons. The very thing that makes you strong, your unending hope, determination, and valor, are what It saps away from you. To even exist in reality, It slowly drains away all positive feelings and forces in life, before reducing whats ever left to less than nothing." He shook his head vigorously. "I like the universe

"But I know you cannot be dissuaded, and let me be clear, you were to all stand with me, or you are all against me. I am not particular, until this universe is mine, my army will be a sea of fire, eclipsing each of your cities, your nations, your planets, your realms. Until it is all mine. And, why not make a bet while we're at it? This will end where it began. The decisive battle, will be the 5th. I'm willing to bet, that if you all cannot stop me by there or while I am there, you've lost. But enough." He flicked his hand in a shooing motion.

"Any last thoughts or comments? If not, you're dismissed." At that point, his eyes clearly became the windows to his mind, the millions of calculations going on evident in his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

Kenzeron shook his head disdainfully, and slowly stood, saying to Verax, "I suppose, then, that you cannot let my people alone. If that is the case, then I assume that all we can be is enemies." With that, Kenzeron moved around the large table and out of the room, arms crossed in thought and concentration.

---

Tam didn't move to leave. Her daughter was injured, and unless Verax specifically stated that he wanted her to leave then she probably wouldn't have anyways. Aya's pain was shared between herself and her mother, Tam trying to alleviate some of the suffering by taking on some of it. She remained against the wall with Aya in her arms, looking up with tired eyes at Archelaus and Verax. "I'll catch up, okay?" she mouthed to Archelaus, "Take Ell with you. She's upset. Verax scares her. Shade scares her more. Just... take her home, okay? I promise I'll be there soon." She lightly kissed Archie's cheek, grazing it with her lips and trying to make him feel better, before looking to Cassus and saying quietly, "It was nice to see you, Cass. Please, be safe."

And then her eyes finally turned to Verax. She was silent, knowing that he'd dismiss her specifically if he wanted her gone, but she would ensure that her daughter was feeling better before she would leave, at the very least. Right now, if Verax had asked her to leave she would likely have said no, and if he had pressed it then would have told him that if she was leaving she was taking her daughter with her. He wouldn't want that. So as the others slowly filed out of the room, Tam's eyes drifted down to his boots, and remained there, her eyes full of silent, pensive sadness.
Back to top Go down
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

The Leviathan pulled away from its near-orbit around the Voyager. It was impossible to grasp the immenseness of the ship; even the well-traveled crew of the battlecruiser could not look at the dreadnought without beginning to wonder how a ship of such magnitude came into being. The command ship was merely a shadow in the wake of all-encompassing darkness.

Commander Robless considered the Dreadlord's speech on darkness. The human race had lived in the eternal void of space, and it treated them fairly, albeit harshly. Laying in the shadows saved them from numerous perils, and attributed to their status and very existence in this universe. It was much easier to see into the light than peer into darkness.

The voice of his second-in-command interrupted his thoughts. "Why did you do this? We already have enough on our hands. The soldiers are tired and the citizens are war-weary. Crenel is habitable, barely, thanks to a few last-minute restoration projects, but it is by no means ready for a siege."

"What you say is entirely true, I already concluded that long before making my move. The people will not take this kindly. I will have to address them personally," Robless said. There was a dark, clouded look in his eye. Something told him nothing would matter if he accepted or declined; that Shade would prevail regardless. His mood changed, and his voice grew even more serious. "There is a tempest brewing. We must stay vigilant for the coming darkness."

The two soldiers stood in silence on the observation deck while the Leviathan slipped into warp, disappearing into the cold, dark night, leaving nothing but death and a sense of dread behind it.
Back to top Go down
Archelaus
Command Sergeant Major
Archelaus

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

(Lol. Verax radiates honor and devotion. Hehe. And it isn't like the Alteriians are facing certain doom against what they believe in, while Verax's men believe they will win for certain.)

(Curse you Verax...!)
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 6:27 am

((Does that mean that Archelaus left? You didn't post anything, so I'm assuming... Kiki, you too. Can I PRETTY PLEASE assume that everyone's gone? No objections? ALRIGHT, good.))

Once everyone had disappeared to return to their ships and prepare for either submission to Verax or for meeting him in combat, Aya finally stirred a little more, opening her eyes halfway but staying in her mother's arms.

Tam spoke, so quietly that Verax might have had to strain to hear her. "So... what about... us?" After a long pause, Tam's brow furrowed in worry and her form shifted slightly. "What about me? You... have plans for everyone now. Enemy or subject. But... what about me? Do... do I fit into one of those categories? Am I just... an enemy to be crushed, or a subject to be ruled, now?" The silence was painful as they both considered what that would mean, either way. "I... I don't really agree with the Alteriians... I won't be considered part of them... my own Empire... isn't mine anymore... so I guess that leaves me... with the countless other people who... you'll conquer, in the end. So... I'm an enemy. That's... the only thing that makes sense."

Tam looked up into Verax's eyes, and he could see that tears were threatening to spill over her cheeks. She looked into his eyes in silence, the question still hanging there, in her eyes.

What about us?
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012, 6:28 am

((I'm just kidding though, really guise. If you wanted to post something else, I'll take that down again.))
Back to top Go down
Zyria
Admin
Zyria

Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 01 Oct 2012, 5:14 pm

As Robless and Archelaus spark the conversation again, Zyria is thrown into the background, no longer an individual in anyone's eyes. -sigh- I remember the time when the majority of my 'friends' did not have infinite power. We were equals, whether we really were or not. As Verax reaches the point in his speech saying all were either with him or against him, Zyria's eyes narrow. ....So be it.

....But...how can I become anyone's enemy? Robless already said so, I'm in no position to fight against someone right now. My people are much too vulnerable...

Just as Zyria was standing to leave, whether Verax had dismissed her or not, Sphar placed a hand on her shoulder. "Princess, Commander Zeif has activated 38K17NG8. He told me to tell you immediately, and that he asks you to speak with him when you can."

Zyria's eyes widen. What could be the cause of that? There's no possible way....but...Zeif knows the secret codes by heart, I know he can't be mistaken....

At the thought of Zeif's choice, and what that meant, Zyria half smiled, the look in her eyes devious. She walked out of the meeting room with Sphar to their ship, quickly prepping for takeoff. Sure, the universe seemed doomed now. Everyone was pinned against something of great power, on /both/ sides of the battlefield. An all-powerful being was apparently getting closer and closer to its goal of destroying all that was good.

But Zyria's people were going to be safe. And /that/, in Zyria's opinion, made the meeting a lot better than she'd expected.
Back to top Go down
http://uncommonlynormal.deviantart.com/
Robless
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2012, 8:30 pm

(Yeah, Robless is already out of the ship as he says this. I think your post is fine. No need to move yours, Eris-Tam, and Zyria's good too. Carry on.)
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

Verax stood up slowly. Fine then. Let them all be washed away.... it matters not, for his family, for what he knew to be right, he would not falter, he would not fail....

At least, that his what he thought. In truth, fate is a hard thing to fight, and for all his strength, the Dreadlord knew that his time was almost up. Shade would awaken, and unless he performed a miracle, this was inevitable.

Than a miracle I shall make! He thought, even he was not evil enough to simply let the universe die away. He thought this as they all, one by one, left. Except for one.

Except for her.

What about us?

Us? US? There is NO US!

In an overdramatic flourish of his cape, he slowly and wordlessly walked away from the room. Each step of his armor shook the room, and it's hollow clang rung unanswered. Ignoring Tam's face, ignoring his follower's looks, refusing to acknowledge Aya, he gave Ell a burning look of unparalleled hatred.

I can murder you with a twitch of my hand. His eyes burned into her. I can make your life a living Hell. Make you beg for death, beg for torture, beg for war and violation and abandonment. I can break your will, your mind, your body, your spirit. I can break you. Break you so much that no one can ever put the pieces back exactly right. I can make you beg at my feet for Hell, so you can be relieved of you suffer through. You are a child. I am Dread. I am Doom. I exist on a plane above mortal kind. His glare conveyed this all within less than a second of connection.

He stopped just beyond the room's threshold.

"Eris-Tam, you have permission to stay until you're daughter is alright. After that you are to leave. And never return unless called. There is nothing between us. Nothing left for you. There is no, was no, will be no, US. Ever. Understand?" And without even waiting for a reply, he continued on to the command bridge. He made a mental note to contact Bane as soon as he arrived, but until then, he was content to keep his true self hidden beneath a shell of anger.
Back to top Go down
Eris-Tam
Fleet Commander
Eris-Tam

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

As Verax left, Tam let a few tears slip from her eyes. She kissed Aya on the forehead again, and then she shakily stood up, pain stinging her nonexistent heart, her mind twisted with sorrow. Everything was too much. She was standing up for him, trying to convince the others that what Verax was doing was the only thing he could do. She was on his side, for god's sake! She would stand up against anyone, even Archelaus, to protect Verax if she had to! She wanted to help him, and this was what she got for it? He was treating her like... no one. Like nothing. What had she ever done to deserve this? There must have been something she did, something... which meant it was her fault.

Her fault. And... now he seemed to hate her.

She started after him, and then... she followed what Verax had ordered her to do. She hung her head in shame and dismay, pulled the now-trembling, terrified Ell close to her... And then she left. Without another word. She just vanished, running away. Running home to Archelaus.

Archelaus... who she could at least always count on. He would always love her. He... would never hurt her. Obviously Verax could not say the same.

---

Aya only barely understood the gravity of the situation. She thought... that her mother had shown some care for Verax, maybe even... love. But then she'd given up on it. She hadn't followed Verax, hadn't tried to convince him to acknowledge that there clearly was an "us" between them. Aya wasn't sure who to be more angry with, but she thought it was Verax. Aya knew he cared for her, knew it. She'd seen it, felt it in his memories when she fought Shade. He did care for her. Why would he treat her this way? It was unreasonable of him. But then her mother'd given up. Just left.

Aya stood despite the pain that seared through her side when she moved, staggering forward after Verax in anger and hurt. She followed him until she nearly collapsed from the pain again, and then she called out to him as she slipped back to the floor.

"Verax! Verax!" she yelled, "Why? How... how could you do that to her? I know you don't feel that way... So why? She cares about you, Verax! And I know you care about her, too! And..." she paused, "I think you really did hurt her."

Last edited by Eris-Tam on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just changed some stuff up.)
Back to top Go down
Verax
1st Lieutenant
Verax

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

Verax stopped, the tremor of his last step still slightly vibrating the floor. His shoulders rose in tension, and with an anguished roar, whirled around, forming, dragging, and hurling a massive disk of fire at Aya, which missed her, purposefully, but came close enough to rustle her hair as it passed, as if someone had just dashed past her. Verax stood hunched over, breathing raggedly and deeply, taking a moment to collect his thoughts.

"To destroy what I am becoming, I must become what I will destroy." He said slowly, the words still forming together in his mind. He let his words just roll out of him, too exhausted to formulate a careful speech now. "I know she cares, I know. I know she did not deserve that. But the more she does, the more she puts herself in danger. The faster and harder It tries to kill her. The same with everyone else. Why do you think my wife took my child and fled? Because she was afraid of Shade attacking her?"

He clutched his face, and began madly flailing around, his voice raw with tones of despair. "No. She knows as well as I do, with the two of us working together, me on the inside, her on the out, Shade could bring us no harm. The problem is this, the more people who you have around you who care about you, want to help you, the faster it wakes up. It feeds off the feelings and actions those people do and want to do. My wife did not leave me out of fear, no. She left to buy me time. And we are AT WAR."

He paused his deranged writhing, without dropping his pose, so he looked like the Screamer staring up at the ceiling. "We will make enemies out of the universe. They will not understand our plight. So we will take it by force." His arms dropped to his sides, and hung weakly, as if Verax had suddenly lost the ability to control them.

"I have made myself look like a monster, because that is what I am becoming. Soon, my paths will be so limited, I will lose all the goodness I have left. So be it. What the Alteriians are appalled at, my wanton killings of millions, is just a precursor of what is to come. If we cannot triumph, than trillions upon trillions of lives will be wasted, all the while It laughs. I kill because I seek to protect the most life I can, while doing what I must. I cherish all lives, and I disdain all this slaughter I must do. I have made it look like, to me, all lives are petty and useless play things that can be replaced. This is terrible. To IT though, LIFE is a petty and useless play thing, and will giggle giddily as entire RACES are reduced to bloody mounds. I take lives to protect life, which Archelaus and the Alteriians will never understand. Murder is murder, no matter the reason, I think they believe. If they think that, how could they hope to understand they only way I can protect lives is by taking control of them? I don't want the universe! I want my Empire to thrive, but I don't want to take the governments of others." He turned to look at the girl before him.

"Aya! Understand, I will set this right, but until then, I refuse to have one person so devoted to helping me that they will cause Shade to awaken faster. Other than you, because you're the only one who can get that close. Please.... understand." And without waiting for a response, he tore a hole in space, leapt into it, and came out in the command bridge.

"Set us on a course for the 9th." He said, with something unidentifiable in his voice. Like hope, but without wanting. Like anticipation, without excitement. A command, a tone that spoke of a mission, and a story's, beginning. "Let us begin, this story's ending."

(This thread is now closed. For reasons why I'm skipping to the ninth, it's because A. We'll never get finished if I start from the 27th and go down. B. The Dimensions I'm skipping have no real plot relevance, in terms of possible battles. And C. I'm going to need to go through the most consecutive leader-owned Dimensions possible, which starts at the 9th. Considering the farthest I will allow myself to make it is the 1st, the shortest the 5th, having a range of 4-8 major battles should be plenty enough for any war, and enough for this too.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Slight Chance   A Slight Chance - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Slight Chance
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dimensional Chess :: Roleplay :: 2nd Arc :: 14th Dimension RP-
Jump to: